Guiding Question:Collaborative: Students will understand the Tea Act and the Boston Tea Party by reading, annotating, and answering guiding questions with at least 80% accuracy.
Independent: Students will work to increase their Lexile levels by completing an Achieve article, including CATCH annotations, the activity, and a thought question response with at least 80% accuracy.
CA HSS.8.1 - Understand the major events preceding the founding of the nation.
RH.6-8.2 - Determine the central ideas or information of a primary or secondary source
RH.6-8.4 - Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text
Do Now (Voice Level 0) 5 minutes:
What have we learned so far about the relationship between England and the colonies? Is it a good relationship or a bad one? Why? (Key Terms: Sugar Act, Stamp Act, Quartering Act, Townshend Acts, Boston Massacre)
Whole Group (Voice Level 0) 10 minutes:
Independent (Voice Level 0) 45 minutes:
Task 1: Achieve3000, "American Revolution: Never Forgotten". You need to complete your CATCH annotation notes before moving on to the activity and the thought question.
Achieve3000 Grading Notes:
1. Thought questions will be graded on the CEEL rubric
2. CATCH annotations will be graded based on accuracy
3. Activity scores are graded as follows:
- 100% - 4
- 88% - 3
- 75% - 2
- 66% or below - 1
Did you score less than 75% on your Achieve Article? Here is a list of makeup articles you can complete to make up that activity score. If you are making up the article, you need to submit this makeup form as well.
- Take a look at your homework assignment. If you don't think you'll have time to finish in this station, start writing your answers in a google doc so you can save them for later.
- Work on homework for another class
- Read a NewsELA, CNN, or Achieve article
- Practice your typing
- Read a book
Collaborative (Voice Level .5) 45 minutes:
1. Tea Act/Tea Party reading & annotations
2. Guiding questions
2. Guiding questions
Exit Ticket (Voice Level 0) 5 minutes:
Early Revolution Political Cartoons Assignment - Due Friday/Monday